In this week's newsletter (sign up if you don't get it in the left-hand column of the blog) I talked about the chaos we are all sitting in at the moment. Many of us have lost money in the market or are scared about what times are going to look like in the near and not-so-near future as the world stage seems to be more of a yo-yo show than anything else.
How can we keep ourselves moving towards our goals when the circumstances in which these goals exist keep changing every time we look? The solution I offered in the newsletter, and the one I think is really going to help is this: find something to celebrate.
It is so easy to slip into feeling like the world outside each of us has an impact on everything and that it has the power to turn our lives upside down. This is true in some ways, and I have read lots of stories from brave bloggers and others about how this is happening.
Still, it is helpful to also remember the things that nothing can damage or take away from us, no matter where the stock ticker or the election polls stand. These are the things we must remember at this time. Here's what I am celebrating today:
- The taste of PG Tips tea with milk
- How productive it feels to sweep my floors each day
- The amazing community of friends I am so grateful to know in LA
- All the clients I have worked with up to this point and all the ones I hope to work with in the future
- How fun it is to re-read Harry Potter for a second time- straight through all the books
- The library system here that lets me request books online and have them dropped off at my local branch
- My Hasselblad camera and the noise the shutter makes
- Rollerball gel ink pens and how delightful they are to write with
- NaNoWriMo starting the end of this week (if you've ever wanted to write a novel, this is your month!)
What are you celebrating? Please share with us! We need all the celebration we can get.